25 February 2008

Dwight v. My Dad

So, my dad and Dwight nearly got into fisticuffs this morning. Those of you who know my father will no doubt be surprised at this, so I must explain. First, you should know that I got another flat tire on Saturday night, just as we were about to drive home from the Tri-Cities. It was completely my fault, as I thought I could make a U-turn rather than a 3-point turn and the curb totally kicked my tire's trash. So we got to drive home at speeds of no more than 50 mph and I needed to get the tire replaced today. My father gallantly offered to take it to Les Schwab this morning and meet me at work to get his truck. So he was waiting in the parking lot, near Dwight's car, until I got there. Dwight came out, told him to get away from his car and didn't give my dad a chance to explain he was waiting for me until my father told him to stop being belligerant and interrupting. In Dwight's defense, we get a lot of homeless and/or drunk guys wandering through on their way to the tobacco/liquor store next door AND we even had one walk in our back door before. However, my father, standing there with his briefcase, looks nothing like the homeless and/or drunk guys who wander buy. Needless to say, Dwight was fairly apologetic to me and quite nice for the rest of the day. My dad said "I don't usually get upset, but the first words out of his mouth just made me so mad." Which sums up pretty much EVERYONE's first reaction to Dwight. And neither of them found the situation as amusing as I did. I'm sure they will laugh about it someday. Just not together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish you had a video tape of that, it would be funny to witness!

Heather said...

no doubt.. that is hillarious.. Your dad has such self control, I could see how it could have been oh so tempting to teach him a lesson. and I burst out laughing when I read fisticuffs.. you funny.

This reminds me of the time that I totally cut someone off once to get through a green light on my way to my orthodontist apt.. the guy flipped me off for like a full 30 seconds.. then ended up sitting in the same ortho waiting room with me for his apt.. then we ended up having to brush our teeth next to each other at the same sink!! Oh.. I was dying.. it was so intense but yet so funny.

Missy said...

This is priceless! Isn't funny how some people just ooze obnoxious.

Katie said...

I can SO picture this in my head, and I am having a very hard time controlling my laughter!