08 December 2005

I Can Still Smell the Hot Chocolate

I can still smell chocolate because last night I laughed so hard I shot my amaretto hot chocolate out my nose. Simply not being able to laugh and swallow at the same time is embarrassing enough, but to have it shoot from your nose onto a patch of kitchen floor 2 feet away is even more so. It was one of those wish-it-were-Friday evenings in which Miss Parker and I get extraordinarily goofy and not a little slap-happy. Several entries had already been made onto our make-shift quote wall on the side of the fridge, which is how I happened to be in the kitchen with my cup of hot chocolate. Parker had been filling me in on the happenings of the animal shelter charity event she volunteered at the night before. We were discussing our mutual desire to own Great Danes when she announced her decision to name her two future Great Danes Rufus and Scooby. The next sentence she mixed up the names and called them Rooby and Scufus. Hence the hot chocolate through the nose and the burning sensation that followed. As a result the world smells slightly chocolate-almond flavored. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Perhaps it is the olfactory equivalent of rose-colored glasses.

7 comments:

Missy said...

*eyes watering* Oh, that must have hurt! Never actually been privy to liquid coming out my nose upon laughter. Other things have happened that might be qualified as more embarrassing.

Anyway, MR is enlisted on the wanting a Great Dane himself. I told him the kids have to be taller than the dog.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, shooting Sprite out of your nose is almost as bad. The carbonation really messes with the membranes of the nose. I'm the queen of shooting liquid out of the nose, mouth, etc. upon laughter. Once in high school, laughed so hard that chocolate milk came out of my nose, french fries came out of my mouth...on to some guys lap. Needless to say that he never sat with us at lunch again.
And I just busted a gut writing this!

Scully said...

Walking, I want one of the grey-blue Great Danes. His name shall be Jake. The embarrassment stems from the sheer lack of control one has over one's own body. And CherBear, you made me giggle! Good thing I had already swallowed my Coke & Lime!

Panini said...

You're so great. The olfactory equivalent. Love that. ;)

Anonymous said...

And I thought my Beehive Rootbeer fiesta was a cake topper. OOO,OOO,OOO too many food references

Unknown said...

LOL. If you make a habit of this armaretto sniffing, I am going to have to call....the ghostbusters. jk, or your stake president. JK LOL. :)

Unknown said...

Ok, I almost snarfed hotchoc all over my keyboard just now, and I was there when this happened. Rooby and Scoofus may be inherently funny, but it's the snarfing piping hot liquid that makes it art.