05 December 2005

Happy Little Accidents

Yesterday I woke up at 10:30 a.m., which seems like a very nice thing to do on a Sunday morning, but my ward starts at 9:00 a.m. I had forgotten to set my alarm the night before. So I decided it would be fine to go to another ward I used to attend that meets at 1:00 p.m. During the meeting a young man led an obviously disabled man to the stand. This young man usually brought several disabled individuals to this ward every Sunday, but this level of participation was unusual. The young man introduced himself and the other man and stated that this individual was autistic and didn’t communicate through the spoken word well, but that he loved music and wished to express his testimony through song. What followed was the most beautiful rendition of O Come All Ye Faithful I have ever heard. The man had a clear, clean voice but it was more than that. He had love in his voice and the spirit of his message touched every one of the 400+ congregants. I doubt there was a dry eye in the room. Love flowed out of and through every word and every note he sang, not just his love for his Savior, but also the Lord’s love for him. I have never been so happy to have overslept.

6 comments:

Missy said...

What an amazing expierience! Not only did you get a little extra sleep ;), you witnessed something extrodinary!

Unknown said...

How wonderful, *tears welling up*

Unknown said...

A vast improvement upon the Backstreet Boy-style hymns...

Panini said...

oh that sounds so beautiful. What a neat experience. And how wonderful that he woudl share that.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Miss Parker on that one. That's totally cool!! There are good reasons to sleep in!! And thank goodness for staggered meeting times!!

Katie said...

That gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Thanks for sharing =-)