12 March 2007

What Can I Accomplish In 15 Weeks?

Because that is how long I have before my ten-year high school reunion. So June 30th is now the D-Day by which I have to accomplish the following:

-- Lose the stubborn, remaining 25lbs needed to reach my goal weight.

-- Find a job, so that I can at least say I'm saving money by living with my parents.

-- Locate my inner fabulousness, so that if the previous job-acquiring doesn't happen, I can believably suggest I'm taking a sabbatical to write the Great American Novel.

-- Go through my closet and find an outfit that telegraphs my inner fabulousness and shows off the new figure I will have acquired by then.

-- Practice my poker face, so that I don't squeal with glee if I see horrid QueenBees who have put on some weight or sigh in resentment if the horrid QueenBees are still living charmed lives.

-- Somehow convince one of my single fantasy boyfriends (Ex: John Krasinski or John Stamos) to go with me.

Any wisdom to impart or advice to give to help me stay focused?

5 comments:

ZB said...

Oh you can do all of these in 15 weeks, perhaps less. If you need to borrow a man, I know one--but I'm not sure you'd want to be caught dead with someone of his political beliefs. Of course, going to a 10 year reunion with a married man and you aren't the one married to him has a sort of appeal to it. You'd certainly turn some heads. Or I could send the mini version of him. Let me know if I can help.

Anonymous said...

Z, ha! Or you could take my route and just not go--oh wait! My ten year reunion hasn't happened yet. Silly me.
Parker

Anonymous said...

I wasn't even invited to mine so I didn't have any problems there. I'm not sure if they even had one.

Unknown said...

Yes, don't go through your closet, I say we plan a shopping trip to Seattle and all go get new outfits to show the successful, inner fabulousness!!!I hope no one will be happy I've gained weight....I don't know if I can get it off! :)

Panini said...

Down with the Queen Bees! I hope you do squeal with joy -- it's the consolation we get for being forced to tolerate their nastiness for so many years. :) And yes! new clothes!! (Take pictures for me of our whole College English Class and any DTers) ;)