30 January 2008

Guilt: Something I Will Not Be Doing Today.

I will be the first to admit I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Either side would have been wrong, as I most definitely did NOT want to get out of my warm bed. It hasn't been over 32 degrees here in weeks and snow blankets everthing and it is inconvenient. Additionally I have been working out, pushing myself on the treadmill, doing real crunches, using free weights and this morning was the morning it tipped from being pleasantly sore to unpleasantly sore. It may have tipped earlier, since I couldn't get comfortable and hardly slept last night. The January blahs have set in and I doubt they will lift until March. So I was really not in the mood to go out into the 3 degree weather this morning and drive through the compact snow to work. And I really wasn't in the mood to listen to ChattyCathy's further familial woes.

ChattyCathy and her sister have been feuding and not-talking for the last 6 months and I have heard the full extent of it. Today, I was not in the mood the hear about how the feud had moved to their respective MySpace pages and how she was so upset at her sister. Her step-mother rightfully told her to just move on and to stop. This advice she did not like. As it was similar to my advice, I shut the conversation down quickly and spent the morning wallowing in my own self-pity and unhappiness. She spent various bits of the morning in the bathroom crying. I refuse to feel bad about it.

7 comments:

Mike Ball said...

I think the anticipation of having to get out of bed is often a lot worse than the actual act! Although there are some mornings when I'd give the whole world just to stay in bed for another 10 minutes.

I guess I'm lucky in that I have my office at home so I can roll out of bed, grab some breakfast, shower and still be at my desk in about 20 minutes!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you gave your honest opinion and advice on the matter, which isn't really your place to do anyway. Don't worry about it. I have trouble with one of my coworkers too when I give my honest opinions. He thinks I have an "attitude". He also gets offended when I don't say good morning. Give me a break dude. Mornings are never good so I refuse to say good morning and I don't want to talk to anyone first thing at work so back off!!

Unknown said...

I hear you. It is miserably cold here too, and walking and falling and walking and falling in dress shoes and work clothes is not fun. I refuse to wear moon boots or ugs with my work clothes. And I'm not going to feel guilty about the fact they told me registration was going to take all 90 minutes, but only took 20 and I have nothing planned for the kids to do. Okay, i feel a little guilty, but alas, what can you do?

Saxon said...

The January blahs have set in

I know that feeling all too well

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm sorry: feuding via MySpace? That makes me giggle. It's ridiculous. And about time she realized that you are not a her personal shrink. And yes, I am a cold-hearted snake.

Also, way to go on the working out. You're putting me to shame. ;)

Parker

Scully said...

Parker, you did NOT just get a Paula Abdul song stuck in my head. Is it sad that I still know all the words?

Anonymous said...

I just thought that of that song too. Loff itt!