27 October 2006

Basically Anything That Is Awesome

Wednesday night was the Evanescence concert at Saltair and it was awesome. You'll have to check out Miss Parker's blog for pics, since I don't have the mad computer skills necessary to link the iPhotoBooth session we indulged in when we got back from the concert. Plus she knows the guy who photographed the concert, so she also has a link to the actual concert pics. The concert was crazy fun, although it was a constant battle to not let my natural apathy towards humanity make me insane from all the unwashed masses pressing in on me. Luckily I found a spot behind a very tall young man who was like a brick wall. I could see over his shoulders and no one tried to mess with him. so thanks, Tall Guy, hope you had fun at the concert. I couldn't really tell since the only time you moved was to raise your hand and give the 'horns' when Amy Lee & Co. would start rocking exceptionally hard. Also, anyone up for seeing 30 Seconds to Mars at Saltair in November? It's Jordan Catalano (aka Jared Leto) in eyeliner!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUCK-EEY!! I'm so jealous you guys got to see them! I love them. I listened to their last CD in the car until I coulnd't take it anymore. I always cry when I hear "My Immortal." I think because I remember Elektra's dad's funeral in DareDevil. And Amy's voice is beautiful!! So I'm glad you guys went out and did something super fun!! PS, I think Miss Parker resembles Amy, so I always think of you guys when I see their videos.

Missy said...

I have got to listen to the radio more I think. Heheheh

Scully said...

Mama Darlin' neither Evanescence or 30 Seconds to Mars is really kid friendly. Not that they swear or talk about sex, but they are loud and rage-filled and excellent to work out to or drive with, but not so much with the creating a loving home environment.

Anonymous said...

HI! That so cool you got to go to he evanessence concert. They are an ok band. I like 30 seconds to mars u prob wont wanna go with a 14 year old though.
I went to the BASH (codename for the big bad word) And it was awseame i saw, blue october, yellowcard, hoobastank, and hawthonre heights. lol

Unknown said...

My friends Amie and Eva went and had tons of fun, they said however, they were behind a whole group of lesbians who kept grabbing at each other the whole time, so yea! to standing behind tall guy vs. lesbians! :)

Missy said...

Yes, but plugged into my MP3 player with some handy headphones I could get some serious mopping done. (we have all mall tiles in our student house.) ;)

Scully said...

Jared - what would it do to your street cred to be seen with an old fogey like me?

E - We were just to the left of the Lesbian Contingent. Not a fan of what little I saw. Can't imagine being stuck behind them.

Mama Darlin' - definitely good scrubbing music. Also good for the workout, although I suspect you are off those for a bit, what with the bedrest and everything.

Anonymous said...

Lol it wouldnt do anything becase my friends would be like... "YOU GOT TO GO TO 30 SECONDS TO MARS!"

Unknown said...

Yeah, we are so going to throw Wonder Woman underoos at Jordan Catalano. Hee.