05 January 2010

Perhaps It Is Time To Return To Reality

The past 3 weeks have been pretty luxurious, what with waking up when I want sans alarm and doing pretty much whatever I want whenever I want. I was not looking forward to the return of responsibility and school and church and reality in general. But something happened the other day that made me think that maybe I was wrong. I was taking a few Christmas decorations that I had forgotten during the first round of un-decorating over to my storage unit (yes, I have that much crap that seems totally necessary to keep). After safely storing them, I realized I was walking rather quickly down the hallway of variously-sized units and it took me a few steps to explain to myself why, mainly that it was kind of a creepy place to be by oneself. While mulling over how it seemed right out of say, The Twilight Zone or The X-Files or Doctor Who, I said, out loud to myself, "But I wouldn't want to travel with the Doctor wearing this!" Yeah, I think reality has arrived just in time.


RIP Ten

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha nice. Oh, who needs too much reality though? Not me. :D

It was so hard to get up at 5:30 this past Monday morning!

Missy said...

Hahaha. Thank you for that good chuckle. Reality bites, but is necessary. I have decided since I can't watch those delectable shows you always speak of I have taken to shirking responsibility and staying up way to late to reading some good old favorites by Jane Austin. And since I started I might as well read them all! ;) Such a good way to get away.