First of all, thank you to you all for your wonderful thoughts, prayers, cards, calls, good wishes etc.! I was at a personal nadir, and it helped to know there were people out there who care. I did do what ZB suggested and it feels like a load has been taken off of me. I still have a lot of responsibility and a lot of demands on my time, but some of the things that have been haunting me for the past couple of years have diminished. Part of it was just saying it (or rather publishing it) out loud. And I took some time to do things that make me happy. Like turn off my cell phone and read a book that has nothing to do with school or church or anything but my love of mystery novels set in England. I downloaded some music. I played. And I feel better.
Some of the things I enjoyed:
- Reading the incredible Doctor Who recaps in the archives at Television Without Pity. They have some incredible writing and make me want to re-watch the show starting with the Pilot looking for all the things I totally missed.
- The return of the rain and the end of the sunshine. I like that it hasn't gotten over 65 degrees for the past 3 days.
- Showing off the Bellingham area to my awesome family.
- The album 19 by Adele, specifically the song "Hometown Glory."
- Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie mix.
Again, thanks for everyone's care and support - I appreciate it!