I have been neglecting my blog and my lovely readers, so I thought I would make up for it by recapping the last month or so of my life. Categorized by the relative awesomeness of said events.
Things That Are Awesome:
- Finding an apartment. Finally. Had many a freak-out about the possibility of my being homeless and living in my car whilst going to school.
- The Dark Knight. Seriously go see it if you haven't already. I have seen it twice and I am still thinking about it. You won't be able to take your eyes of Heath Ledger as The Joker.
- The arrival of Gummi Bear (I'm still waiting on pics of her that I can post. I do have some, but they aren't that flattering to Mrs. Mime, and I don't want to do that to her!)
- Not having to go to work every morning. Seriously love determining what I do and when I do it. Freedom!
- I made a practically perfect pie crust on Monday. I know! It has never happened before and will probably never happen again, but it did happen!
- Michael Phelps
- The Internet. Parker moved to a place that is wired and we have enjoyed a few late night chats via IM. These conversations are always enjoyable. Case in point:Scully: Please tell me it is a ridiculous extravagance to pre-order Season 3 of Supernatural as I am unemployed and going to grad school.Parker: I can't do that. I can, however, nicely encourage you to order them.Scully: This is why we are friends.Parker: hee. You're gonna need some AlecDean to get you through those rainy fall nights. I'm just sayin.
Things That Are Slightly Less Than Awesome:
- The X-Files: I Want To Believe. I wanted desperately to love this movie. As an X-Phile, I enjoyed it, but it kind of left me wanting more. And I don't know exactly what it is I wanted, but it just made me very sad that there would be no more. And now I desperately want the complete series on DVD. But I don't have the requisite $275 (plus shipping & handling) that Amazon demands before they will send it to me.
- The fact that what have been choosing to do with the freedom of being unemployed is sleep. I still get up at 6:40 am to have breakfast with my dad, but after I read my scriptures and say farewell to my dad, I go back to sleep and don't usually wake up until 10 am. Even if I set the alarm on my mobile and hide it at the opposite side of the room.
- Reading The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher until midnight and realizing how freaked out I was by said book so that I had to read North & South until 1 am to get it out of my head. Which led to another morning lounging in bed until 10.
Things That Are The Opposite Of Awesome:
- Mental freak-outs about: possible homelessness; the fact that I haven't heard from the Financial Aid office about the form I sent in over a month ago and that HAD to be in at the end of July; realizing I had no idea when I needed to register for classes and thinking I might have missed the window (I didn't); reading here that drinking cola everyday doubles your chances of chronic kidney disease; packing; moving; paying for everything and many, many more.
- The hiatus of Doctor Who for more than a year whilst David Tennant does Hamlet for the RSC. Plus, season 4 of Doctor Who ended on such a downer note, I really wanted something a bit cheerier sooner. There are going to be a couple one-off specials, but who knows if anyone in the US will even air them.
- The prohibitive cost of cable and high-speed internet, both of which are necessary to my survival as a human being.