28 June 2008

This Is A Trend We Should Encourage

So the past few not-fun-for-Singletons events I have had to attend, like baby showers and wedding receptions etc., instead of getting the standard pitying comments, I have had people tell me I look fabulous.  Tonight, at a wedding reception, one lady told me I was looking gorgeous and svelte and really choosing wonderful and flattering clothes.  How much better is that than having someone tell me that they are sure I'm next?  Especially considering I have NOT been feeling gorgeous and svelte, but rather exhausted and pudgy.  I know for a fact, despite the woman's assurances of the opposite tonight, that I have put on weight since I moved home.  But bless her for trying to convince me otherwise.  Also, this should go in the manual I'm sure someone is publishing on how Marrieds (Smug or otherwise) should address Singletons at potentially awkward events, like wedding receptions for people 8 years younger than they are.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Hey! their comin' around! I think you are looking fabulous. Your hair cut is so great.. and pardon me but you're always dressed very fashionably... the suits, shoes, jeans & high heels combos. This is no secret.

Scully said...

Thanks! I was just so flabbergasted from walking away not feeling like a big fat loser that I had to share.

Treat Queen said...

That's a nice change.
And I agree with Heather, you are always dressed very fashionably.

Missy said...

It is good to hear that you were recognized as the fashionista that you are!

chosha said...

If you have put on weight it was obviously in all the right places! Nice to hear that not all marrieds are smug ones. :)